10 LEDs lit it up acording to potentiometer variation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hy,

I want to build a circuit based on 10 leds & pot (anyway this is the ideea only, other components is needed also)

My question is how can I make all those leds to light up acording to the potentiometer variation.

When I have the pot set to minimum i want all leds down,when is set to middle only first 5 leds to be lit & when all leds are lit pot is set to maximum

Anyway i think u get the idea. Anyone knows such a circuit, ICs or links to all this?

Thx Adrian,

well theres not much to this one all of it is surface mount.

but here some pics anyway;)

Attachments

• mvc-845s.jpg
    mvc-845s.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 263
You could run the LEDs in series fed by a constant current source, short the LEDs that you don't want lit to ground. The LM339 comparator can do this. You need enough voltage for all the LEDs plus a bit for the current source to operate. I've seen this done in commercial equipment.

dnsey said:
Why not keep it simple?
Build a switched attenuator, which will sound better than most pots, with an additional bank for the LEDs.

This is a nice easy Way..I'm folowing this thread to see where it ends up .. I'm intersted in this would look nice sitting in the dark and being able to see where the volume pot is :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.