New DIY audio Magazine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1.) With recipe's for Curry by Morgan Jones.
2.) An interview with Doc. B. of bottlehead fame
3.) A heretical linestage by Stuart Yaniger (affectionately known here at diyAudio as Sy) The article was posted here at diyAudio earlier. So most of you might know the article already.
4.) A diy tonearm that was done so well it might go commercial.

Download location 1
Download location 2

New material is ofcourse welcomed. And should preferably not have been posted elsewhere. The idea is not just to publish something about the project but also about other interests someone might have and background on when and how someone got into diy Audio, etc. etc. ...sort of the story behind the story.

This is great. This looks like a great way of boiling down projects detailed in threads that tend to get watered down.
Thanks..yes..that is the idea..a forum like any other medium has its pro's and con's..the pro is you can ask a question..and it might get answered. The con is it gets cluttered, watered down and threadjacked.

The printable magazine has the advantage that you can print it out (not environmentally friendly) and read it before going to bed...or when you have to go ...well you know.

I'm impressed that you could do so much creatively with a PC, PDF too!
I'm not happy with the look really..but as my first effort not too shabby. I used Microsoft Word 2000 and CutePDF printer driver to print to pdf.

Ah well, that's put pay to any of my submissions being accepted....
O no offence taken...it's just...well...I don't know how to put it....emh..a..you'd have to actually submit something worthwhile and ON TIME? :devilr:

Very nice indeed!
Thanks..could not have done it without the contributors...Morgan Jones, Doc. B., Stuart Yaniger and Johnny.

How do I sign up for a "subscription" -- I wouldn't want to miss the next issue (whenever that may be)!
The easiest thing would be that I just post in this thread...then all that are subscribed to this thread will get an email.

But I have added links on my sites.

basenjes.de and basaudio.net so I will just add a link there as well.

How often it could be? Dunno...depends on contributors of articles...I've got a few articles "out there" and now that it's up...I'll be soliciting some more articles from a few folks I have in mind. I hope to have a nice fat edition for Christmas :)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Bas Horneman said:
I'm not happy with the look really..but as my first effort not too shabby. I used Microsoft Word 2000 and CutePDF printer driver to print to pdf.

Not bad. You can see the influence of Word on the layout (Word has to be one of the worst programs ever written). You should really try to free yourself from it... InDesign is good for this stuff (and pdf output is built-in).

If you need some QC & proofing, i've been doing this stuff since 1984.

Off course it works better on a Mac (duck :))

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.