New DIY audio Magazine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Chile

Good for you Bas
Chile is a great country. Try to get to the Atacama desert if you can. It is one of the driest places on the planet and presents some of the most interesting landscapes and ecosystems anywhere.
Torres del Paine National Park is also another amazing place with a very nice ~ 135 km walk available to those that are prepared.
Good luck and have a great time

Chile is a great country. Try to get to the Atacama desert if you can. It is one of the driest places on the planet and presents some of the most interesting landscapes and ecosystems anywhere.
Torres del Paine National Park is also another amazing place with a very nice ~ 135 km walk available to those that are prepared.
The Atacama desert is definately high on my list. But we'll be visiting a lot of family and friends. So it will be a busy three weeks... My dream is to visit Chile just for Chile one day..(without the family)....and then I would like to go north. I've not been more north than La Serana and not farther south than Chiloë.

Thanks!

Drinking advice: pisco sours. Very nice for relaxation. Best wines are carmenère, a variety I describe as, "Like Merlot, but interesting." Avoid the tarted up "reserve" versions, go for the cheaper ones. My fave was the non-reserve selection of Missiones del Rengos. Lapostolle and Seña are exactly the sort of industrial spoofulated crap that you should avoid.

When I see you next, remind me to tell you the story of the cab driver in Santiago...

Going to print a few copies to the color laser printer.
Knowing that this weekend could turn out pretty dull, I had the same idea;) Some interesting reading could save the weekend. So here it is, all issues printed and bound:) I am looking forward to this weekend after all:D
Thanks Bas.

Steen:cool:

Attachments

• diyaudiomag.jpg
    diyaudiomag.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 256
Re: Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Chile

SCD said:
Chile is a great country. ... Torres del Paine National Park is also another amazing place with a very nice ~ 135 km walk available to those that are prepared.

Fantastic place - We've done a lot of hiking down there, the light is fantastic... First went there 20 years ago when it was still pretty inaccessible and had almost no visitors, like really almost none... nowadays the road has been metalled and there are loads of tours. Sigh.... Still a World Heritage Site though...

Torres del Paine (my screen background)

(sorry for the link - pic is too big to post, and its not approriate here anyway!)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.