Congratulations Peter Daniel! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th October 2002, 09:52 PM   #1
Ken L is offline Ken L  United States
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Congratulations Peter Daniel!

On becoming a moderator

errr. I think

Seriously, I believe you will be an asset.

Your past postings have shown that you are thoughtful, balanced and usually with humor.

I'm sure those qualities will stand you in good stead as a moderator.

Ken L

Old 6th October 2002, 10:31 PM   #2
Rarkov is offline Rarkov  England
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rarkov Send a message via Skype™ to Rarkov
Hi,
Yep - congrats...I hope it means you spend even more time uploading pictures of your projects!!! They're amazing...Everyone!

Keep up the good work

Gaz
Old 6th October 2002, 11:14 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Default Becoming a Moderator

I was hoping, I could stay in a shadow of the rest of a team for a while and get used to my new role. I was hoping that maybe you won't see "diyAudio Moderator" title beside my moniker and let me be the old me. But now Ken made it obvious and I have to face the new reality.

I just want to say that I'll do my best as a regulator and whenever you are not satisfied with my doings, just let me know, and I'll try to fix my mistakes.

I have to admit that I took a Moderator's offer reluctantly, because I believe in freedom of speech and I believe that the sole purpose of diy Audio is about creative thinking, building, and passing of the ideas (sometimes controversial).

And this will always be my priority. I will try to be an effective moderator, but I will always have a vision, and I will trust the people, and I will always try to find the best in them. Because I'm still not bored, I'm still searching and I didn't find my place yet.

You might call it it my Moderator's Manifesto and I believe we'll go along just fine.
ďDo something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.Ē - JC
Old 7th October 2002, 03:26 AM   #4
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Congratís Peter. If thereís anyone qualified to do the job, itís you. Donít forget to have fun, and donít lose that vision.

You know, we still expect that Aleph X to be finished as well.

Good Luck,
Rodd Yamas***a
Old 7th October 2002, 03:40 AM   #5
fcel is offline fcel  United States
diyAudio Member

Peter ... congratulation ... and don't get bored ... yet.
Old 7th October 2002, 05:49 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Becoming a Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
I have to admit that I took a Moderator's offer reluctantly, because I believe in freedom of speech and I believe that the sole purpose of diy Audio is about creative thinking, building, and passing of the ideas (sometimes controversial).

And this will always be my priority. I will try to be an effective moderator, but I will always have a vision, and I will trust the people, and I will always try to find the best in them. Because I'm still not bored, I'm still searching and I didn't find my place yet.
Great vision!

I was worried I might have to start groveling, kissing butt and taking back all those horrible things I've said about you.

se

P.S. Congratulations! (most sincerely)
Old 7th October 2002, 05:54 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Congratulations

Congratulations,

Doing a fine job!! Your projects always inspire us.

George
Old 8th October 2002, 04:47 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Neutron Bob
Default Congratulations!

Peter!

I think you'll make a fine moderator. You have the right balance, I believe! I'm sure Dice45, Jason, et al will appreciate the help!

I was wondering when your tag line would change to something like "Illumined Exhalted One", but "Moderator" will suffice!

Bob
Old 8th October 2002, 04:54 AM   #9
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally posted by Neutron Bob
I think you'll make a fine moderator. You have the right balance, I believe! I'm sure Dice45, Jason, et al will appreciate the help!
We sure will.

Another Canadian Peace keeper :^) We just need one from Newfoundland (the maritimes would do) and we'll have coast-to-coast coverage.

dave
Old 8th October 2002, 06:09 AM   #10
Ken L is offline Ken L  United States
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Sounds good to me.

Toured Newfoundland last summer.

I think they ought to call it Wonderland. It's a wonderful place filled with wonderful people.

We're seriously considering spending summers there. Will take a couple of years to line it up.

Truly wonderful folks there.

Ken L

Hide this!Advertise here!