Antenna ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok , probably a basic and duhhhhh question for the masses here , but .
I have a radioshack portable am,fm,sw1 & 2 radio with the single telescoping antenna but where I'm located it only pulls in at best about 6 SW stations , I'm wanting to increase the reception of the sw siginals so inquired at RS about ataching an external antenna of some form to it to aide in reception but was told by them it would cause the signals to come in too strong and burn up the radio .Its about 12 years old digital tuning and in other areas it has better reception than here .So what if anything can I do to increase range for the SW bands ?I plan on connecting it to the home stereo system so it will not be used in other locations and any antenna would not be limited in size or need to be portable.Any suggestions or instructions / plans for such antenna would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.