audio monitoring software? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th October 2005, 11:00 AM   #1
eaz135 is offline eaz135  Australia
diyAudio Member

Post audio monitoring software?

Hi, im wondering if there are any applications out there which monitor the output of my sound card. For example if my soundcard plays a sound it would return me readings such as a wave/ decibels / frequencies / balance etc.
Old 12th October 2005, 08:43 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to philipbarrett
Since you're looking for much more than simple spectrum analysis there are 2 major players in the software only field;

for the PC it's Smaartlive - http://www.siasoft.com/
for the Mac it's Spectra-Foo Complete - http://www.mhlabs.com

Good news is, both are excellent products and will do all you ask and a whole lot more (scare yourself by doing a phase response test on your favorite loudspeaker). Bad news is they're both over $600. IMHO the Spectra-Foo is the better product being highly customizable and more sensitive.

Much of what you're wanting to know could be done with a simple oscillascope, you'd have to do some math to extrapolate your results but you can find them on ebay for well under $100.

PB
Old 13th October 2005, 06:27 AM   #3
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
thanks i just did some downloading
Old 13th October 2005, 12:18 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to philipbarrett
Oh yeah - I forgot, Spectra-Foo has a fully operational demo good for 12 days, download from their site, make sure you click on Spectr-Foo Complete for the stand-alone.

PB

Hide this!Advertise here!