quicktime for windows

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am attempting to take an online course. In order to view the presentations I am told that I must have Quicktime 5 or above installed. Since, I do not have Windows 2000 I am not able to install versions 6 or 7. I opted to install version 5 and have been unable to locate a download program for this. I even looked on Apple.com since it is an Apple program. In my search, I came across Softpedia.com and was directed to install Quicktime alternative 1.48 in lieu of Quicktime 5. After installing the program successfully (I think), I have been unable to get the program to work because I continue to be told that I need Quicktime 5 or higher. My question is: How do I get the program to recognize Quicktime alternative OR can anyone send me a link to download Quicktime 5? Thanks!

Serosmaness

serosmaness said:
I am attempting to take an online course. In order to view the presentations I am told that I must have Quicktime 5 or above installed. Since, I do not have Windows 2000 I am not able to install versions 6 or 7. I opted to install version 5 and have been unable to locate a download program for this. I even looked on Apple.com since it is an Apple program. In my search, I came across Softpedia.com and was directed to install Quicktime alternative 1.48 in lieu of Quicktime 5. After installing the program successfully (I think), I have been unable to get the program to work because I continue to be told that I need Quicktime 5 or higher. My question is: How do I get the program to recognize Quicktime alternative OR can anyone send me a link to download Quicktime 5? Thanks!

Serosmaness

Which version of windows are you running? If windows 98, quicktime 6 should work... I've just reformatted and reinstalled a windows 98 computer for a friend of mine and I installed Quicktime 6 on that without a hitch. If however, your still back in the days of windows 95, let me know and I'll temporarily upload a copy of quicktime 5 for you (I have archives of most popular freeware and shareware back to 1999 or so ... yes literally hundreds of cd's worth).

serosmaness said:
Thanks Dan.
We were able to get Quicktime alternative to work :)
We are running Windows 98 and everytime we went to download Quicktime that would work with 98. Apple would only let us download Quicktime 7.0:bawling:
So we used Quicktime alternative.
Steve
Thanks again Dan

If you still want Quicktime 5 some time in the future, take a look at

www.oldversion.com

They've got lots of old stuff.

Take

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.