STOP!!! the hunt on HarryHaller.. You just get new members to leave this page as .... - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th October 2002, 01:18 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Eric,

You shouldn't be offended anymore. If Harry really wants to post on this forum, he can. All he has to do is choose different name. If he will be serious, like on his best days, he'll soon find respect and recognition. How can you be even sure that his real name was Harry Haller?

So actually it isn't a loss and never would be, it's up to a man we use to call Harry Haller.

PS. I'm still under impression that he posted under two different names even today (I'm quite sure at least to one).
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 4th October 2002, 01:37 AM   #12
diyAudio Moderator

Eric

Having butted heads with HH, (and with you), on several occasions, I have respect for his experience and knowledge.

But, he chose to start being offensive for no reason I can fathom, and hiding under various psudonyms to carry on his abuse.

If he wants to come back under his real name, and give constructive advice, I have no problem with that at all, but then again, pigs, one day may grow wings!

I have no problem with his twisted sense of humour, and sometimes his posts added a much needed break from pomposity and pretentiousness, but recently it stopped being funny and just turned nasty.

So, I have to support our moderators in this, but if Harry came back with a respect for other people, and being constructive rather than destructive, I would welcome him back with open arms, but I won't hold my breath.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 4th October 2002, 01:38 AM   #13
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Peter,

Quote:
I'm still under impression that he posted under two different names even today (I'm quite sure at least to one
I'm sure you're right.

Hi HH... er... whacha-ma-call-it

Rodd Yamas***a
Old 4th October 2002, 03:32 AM   #14
Account Disabled

Old 4th October 2002, 01:54 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Default Show Me The Evidence...

Al (Pinkmouse) Can we have some factual quotes of what HH has said, that some of us here seem to find so mortally offensive ?.
I mean, I have participated in and also re-read through lots of threads containing posts by HH and his aliases, but I fail to find anything that gives me angst.
What I have seen, especially with the confirmation of his aliases, are some blunt answers, some smart-**** answers, but as appropriate is an abundence of simple, clear, concise and factual answers, and none offended me.
Rather some made me laugh to my bones.
To be frank, when Grey was around he did give good information, but he also often gave long and rambling posts and that does offend me, and I also find Bernard tending towards this.
I say offensive in comparison because the erudite posts by HH give the information required in a telegram, and these threads can be followed easily and quickly and facts clear, instead of reading through far too much text for the subjects at hand.
Also please group the offending replies into the respective rules that they transgress.

Eric.

BTW - the forum rules do not say anything about members having multiple personalities.
If moderators are miffed by this creative usage of IT technology, then IMO they should accept it gracefully as a learning experience.
Old 4th October 2002, 03:02 PM   #16
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Al (Pinkmouse) Can we have some factual quotes of what HH has said, that some of us here seem to find so mortally offensive ?.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Personally, Harry has not offended me to the extent I think he should be banned, I am a thick skinned person,and can shrug off most stuff.

By the feelings I get from the forums though, other people have been hurt by things he has said, and that seems to be a majority view amongst other members. I don't think it can be narrowed down to particular quotes, but the general tone of his replies shows disrespect to others, and his use of alternate identities to cause more mischief is impolite to say the least, if you want to stand up and say something you should do it properly, and not hide behind a mask.

Yes, Harry's posts were brief and informative, but that is not the argument here. If, for instance Grey, who seems to be your current hate figure, had the same attitude in his posts, I think he should be banned as well, as it is not a matter of brevity or knowledge, but respect for others.

I am not saying this from some sort of moral high ground, because just last night I posted a rude reply to someone who didn't deserve it, because I was drunk and in a bad temper. So the first thing I did this morning was apologise, I don't know if JBL was offended or not, but that is not the point, I showed no respect for his feelings, and I was wrong.

So , Eric, Harry has been banned. It was not my decision, but I support those who made that decision. As I said, if he wants to come back it would be a good thing, his experience will be missed, but not his childish attention seeking behavior.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 4th October 2002, 03:08 PM   #17
jam is offline jam  United States
diyAudio Member

Eric,

Hear! Hear! I could not agree with you more.

We used to get a lot of useful information out this forum and Harry was one of the chief contributors, sure he did not always answer your questions but he is not obliged to, often he gave answers and most people missed them.

Now we seem to have a lot of members who seem to want to waste space on never ending discussions about nothing or want to promote their feeling of self importance.

It seems simple, if you don't care for Harry don't respond and miss out a lot of practical knowledge. Maybe he intimidates you, but that sounds more like a personal problem to me.

Jam
Old 4th October 2002, 03:32 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Default Progress Report

For Harry - 1 with evidence.
Against Harry - 1 with nil evidence.

I don't think it can be narrowed down to particular quotes, but the general tone of his replies shows disrespect to others...
Hmmm, self contradicting there.
for instance Grey, who seems to be your current hate figure
This is another classic case if misinterpretation isn't it.
Al, your turn to apologise to me this time thankyou.

Eric.
Old 4th October 2002, 03:52 PM   #19
diyAudio Moderator

Sorry Eric, I can't be bothered to carry on with this discussion, crow if you will, but I will go back to posting on Audio matters
Old 4th October 2002, 04:01 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Default Progress Report

For Harry - 1 with evidence.
Against Harry - Nil

crow if you will
Is that meant to be rude, offensive or disrespectful ? Or all three ?
Also no apology I notice.

Attention moderator !

Eric.

Hide this!Advertise here!