posting pics, how??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
PIC

Kram,

If you're running any Windows 9x or higher you can usually find some share- freeware that convert pdf back to text.
To what standard format it converts pictures contained in such text I wouldn't know.
BTW,I just notice that you can post any file extension.
Must respect the size limit though. :)

Fcel,

Thks,if it keeps on bugging me I'll ask.
I tried today with no succes though.
Meanwhile I try to trace the source of these pix through the internet which can be a PITA admittedly.

Cheers,

think I might of done it if you can see the pic below.

Attachments

• schemresize.jpg
    schemresize.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 180
I used paint shop pro 7 made by Jasc software, its just the trial version so it probably wont work in a months time any way.

this is what i did,
open up the schematic pdf. take a screen shot then pasted the screen shot into paint shop, edit screen shot to remove bits you dont need then save as .jpeg, then post on forum.

Peter Daniel,
paint shop will convert file types for you when you save. I dont know of anyother way of doing it, Win98 (which i use) didnt come with any programs that will convert various picture files into others as far as i know.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Peter,

I have a little shareware pic viewer called ACDSee 32. It’s the best pic file manager I’ve seen. It has almost no editing features, but you can view and save to anyone of a couple dozen different formats (including all the popular formats), and it’s fast.

Unfortunately, the company has grown out of the shareware stage and no longer offers the shareware versions on its site (of the same name). I have the shareware program. It is a 2Mb self-extracting zip file. Let me know if you’re interested.

Rodd Yamas***a

Kram,

When posting schematics, or any other pictures with small number of collors (and larger areas covered in the same color), like black lines on white background :) , it's always better to save them as .GIF files.

In that case they will occupy much less space. I don't know about PainShop Pro, but try when saving to save it as a .gif, and choose (if there is such an option) Grayscale with maybe 8 or 16 colors max. I saved your 37KB .jpg as 8 color Grayscale .gif and got 19 KB picture ;)

Gif is good because it won't blur your image (by default)

disappearing text

Hi CHrister,

Christer said:
I tried it on the firstposting I made on this forum, and I lost the whole text (nopictures involved at all). maybe I did something wrong, but I have avoided previewing since.

I've also expeienced that problem doing my first posts. :nod:
It seems to me that if you edit your post too long, it may happen that you get for some reason logged off. Then you can't go back to your text and it is all gone.
I got quite frustrated as that happened to me 3 or 4 times. But I have found out that the preview function is quite useful. If you preview your post once in a while when writing, you avoid getting logged off. If you are not sure if your text is gonna disagree, copy it (mark the whole text and press Ctrl + C).
If you get kicked out, you can go log on, go to the thread, open a new post and paste in (Ctrl + V), and you can resume your post.

Hope this helps you.................

:D

cheers,

bob

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
roddyama said:
I have a little shareware pic viewer called ACDSee 32. It’s the best pic file manager I’ve seen. It has almost no editing features, but you can view and save to anyone of a couple dozen different formats (including all the popular formats), and it’s fast.

Perhaps not as good as Graphic Converter. But the ACD guys are a local success story and the assistant to the CEO is a buddy of mine (i know the CEO as well)

I have a screen way bigger than anything i'm going to post, the imaging model for the screen display is Postscript, and the screen snap is built-in, so to get an image i usually open the file, take a screen snap, open it in PhotoShop (the new baby PhotoShop Elements is very good and a better match for non-professionals -- highly recommended for anyone looking for a raster editor, short of a full-blown PhotoShop the best raster editor you can get for PC or Mac) so do any tidying and to save it out as a jpg (pictures) or gif (diagrams).

I can also use photoshop to RIP illustrator illustrations or pdf or CAD files exported as EPS.

I have also been acting as a conduit for some having trouble with pictures (some of fdegrove's recently) cleaning them up in the process if needed. (i made my living for a while taking people's PC file problems, dealing with them on my Mac where they weren't a problem and giving them back in the format they needed).

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: disappearing text

bob4 said:
It seems to me that if you edit your post too long, it may happen that you get for some reason logged off.

There is a button somewhere, perhaps in the user control panel, that sets it so that you are always logged on (it no doubt uses a cookie for this). The only time i've been logged out in the last who knows how long is when i go into a different browser so that i can see the forum as a non-moderator would.

dave

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I will see what I can do about the posting delay/lost-post problem, and there should certainly be a FAQ written regards uploading images, avatars, etc. If anyone cares to write one I'll link it from near the 'Attach File' button as a popup window. Suggest using the Wiki.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.