Proposal: Driver Database for ZMA and FRD Files

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I use Speaker Workshop for speaker development. As far as free packages go, I think it is the best. I believe that a major part of designing speaker is having real life driver information - not the manufacturers' information on the programme. I know that no drivers are identical but it would be useful to have a central database with ZMA and FRD files stored for people to pick and download - especially if they don't have means to measuring equipment themselves.

I'm sure that alot of expreienced people here will have access to the equipment needed. I can measure impedance but not frequency response - until I make a decent mic amp.

I am designing a site (most of it is done) that will be up in the next couple of days, depending on the interest here.

Basically - is anyone interested in this service? (Free of course!)
How many people could contribute?!

Thanks,
Gaz

Mislead?

Hi,
Maybe I have mislead a few people. FRD and ZMA files are imported by just about every speaker package I know of. They seem to almost be a standard now. Therefore, this would be useful for anyone with simulation software.

To be honest - I thought there would be more interest than this.

Are there no (cheap) MAC programmes that support them?

Thanks
Gaz

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Are there no (cheap) MAC programmes that support them?

Nope, not that are currently supported or run on recent versions of the OS :( , ( Dave- suprise me?).

If I need a speaker design I use the online WINISD, it is limited, but good.

To be honest - I thought there would be more interest than this.

I am suprised as well- maybe people are more interested in yacking than doing! :) :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.