Stereo Calibration

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I would like to write a program that can calibrate my home theater, or at least the FR & FL channels for the time being. I have done some signal proc work, mainly on images, never on audio input. I'm looking for a few pointers to help me get started.

Can anyone give quick intro on what I'm looking for in a wave to play? It I generate a wav in matlab it (looking at it as a plot) seems to need to be postive to negative in the Y axis with time in the X axis.

How do I convert a wav to a more tradional responsivity graph?

In the end I would like to look at the systems SNR and how flat the responsivity on the system is. From there I will see what interests me. I'm going to purchase an inexpensive mic to look at this initially, from there I will at my results. Also, I want to keep the code simple so I'm going to do it in Matlab at least for starters.

Thanks,
Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.