Magazine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am done with my 12 months of Stereophile, and I gotta wonder... Is there something better out there?

I am so sick of that magazine touting things I just don't believe in. I'm very much an objectivist when it comes to audio, and I'm really a DIY'er at heart.

Is there any audio magazines out there that will fit my tastes better.

AND HAVE A MINIMUM OF TALK ABOUT DIFFERENCES IN POWER CABLES..

LOL, thanks! :)

SY said:
I think it's dormant at the moment, but you can buy a pile of back issues of Audio Critic. When they weren't obsessing about Stereophile, there was some worthwhile content.

I'll second Jan's recommendation of AudioXpress.

AX is alive and seemingly much better now. The articles of late have been pretty interesting. Time for some folks to do a bit more advertising with Ed Dell (and I think I will take my own advice.)

I am so sick of that magazine touting things I just don't believe in. I'm very much an objectivist when it comes to audio, and I'm really a DIY'er at heart.

Is any audio magazine ever going to be objective, I think not. In the end, the aim is to sell you something, to keep to wheels turning, so to speak.

Maybe you should try looking for an audio engineering site/zine or somesuch, I'm sure those kind of people would be much more interested in being objective than any glossy mag reviewer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.