diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   stop that crazy animated gifs inflation ! (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/6394-stop-crazy-animated-gifs-inflation.html)

lohk 28th September 2002 11:28 AM

stop that crazy animated gifs inflation !

Now we know how all these little gifs look like - those how do not nŽknow yet can have a look.

But : Please stop using them in unlimited masses in each post. I actually cannot read the posts anymore, with all that distracting blinking and flashing !
Can we start using them in "doses" ? - say: Just one in each post should be enough, don't you think ?

greetings from a slightly embarassed
Klaus

Elso Kwak 28th September 2002 12:27 PM

Smilies

100 % agreed, Klaus;)

setmenu 28th September 2002 12:56 PM

What:bigeyes: You cannot mean these:scratch: :scratch2:can
you ?:nod:If they make you:headbash: :redhot: Then have a:drink: and relax and stop:bawling:

Setmenu:wave: ;) ;) ;) :angel:

Ken L 28th September 2002 01:02 PM

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWw:Popworm:

NU_NRG 28th September 2002 01:13 PM

lohk

Your probly right, some may feel dizzy reading posts with animated gifs, still I find that when used with moderation it add a little life to a post :) (too much increases ceasure risk)

You know ther's probly an option on your web Browser not to display the animated image, only a still version, perhaps that could help you?

:spin:

Brett 28th September 2002 01:34 PM

Klaus,

I couldn't agree with you more. It's like giving a 3 yo crayons and saying they can draw wherever they like.

It makes posts hard, no ******* annoying to read, and far from conveying any emotion, when not used sparingly and appropriately, only serve to communicate how little the poster really has to say.

They take away credibility from the site.

Cheers
Brett

NU_NRG 28th September 2002 01:59 PM

there there...

:rolleyes:

How about asking someone in charge to add some sort of option to disable those smilies if one don't want to be so badly offended by them!

:smirk:

theodorecleaver 28th September 2002 03:49 PM

They take away credibility from the site.

I thought thats what the Swedes and Canadians were here for. I do find that Nelson Passes use of them has completely undermined his credibility. I will never believe anything he says now........

The Beav

Brett 28th September 2002 04:11 PM

Re: They take away credibility from the site.

Quote:

Originally posted by theodorecleaver
I thought thats what the Swedes and Canadians were here for. I do find that Nelson Passes use of them has completely undermined his credibility. I will never believe anything he says now........

The Beav

Nelson uses a gif here and there, but there are many others who use them like punctuation. Note, I originally said <b>when not used sparingly and appropriately</b> Reading some posts is like trying to find text in an arcade game.

As for the Canadians and Swede's undermining the credibility of the place, well that's expected, as well as the Kiwi's, Tasmanians and that strange guy from Perth.

Toodlepip

moses 28th September 2002 04:13 PM

Err, just turn animated gif's off in your browser's settings. Walla. I personally think they are kinda of funny, generally.