Can your sound card do this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
go through the VisualizationSoftware.com mainpage

Attachments

• equation.jpg
    equation.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 548
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
If that is for real then its a masterpiece in engineering ;) and has taken back-tracking to a whole new level!

Somehow I think it is the authors of the software having a bit of fun.... though if you were just doing a spectral analysis of the song and that came up you would jump out of your skin!!

Tony.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
maybe the person writing the article had a really low bit rate mp3 ;) I'm going to have to get hold of this and give it a try myself :)

I remember the first time i played the track on "the wall" (can't remember think it is at the end of run like hell)... backwards on the turntable and thought it was so cool..... "Congratulations you have found the secret message. Please send your answer to old pink care of the funny farm...... Roger Carolines on the phone"

This is the next generation...... I'm going to have to have a look at some other stuff too ;) I downloaded a cool program called spectran a while ago, will give it a go.

Tony.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
this is the text that goes with the original picture posted at the begining of this thread (found cached in google)....

This spectrogram was made using a nine-second sample from "Equation" by Aphex Twin. The vertical axis is log frequency, and the horizontal axis is time.

might help when setting up the spectral analysis software :)

Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.