CATV box with CC and volume? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th August 2005, 01:51 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default CATV box with CC and volume?

I am in desperate search of an analog CATV box that has Closed Captions and volume control. I use a digital video projector for watching television and I need a way to show Closed Captions on the screen for my hard of hearing gf.

I'm aware there are closed caption decoders available, but why have two separate boxes in my setup if I can find a CATV box that does CC. I would like it to have a volume control also, but CC is priority over volume.

If anyone knows a CATV box model that does CC, please please let me know.

Thank you
Old 19th August 2005, 02:02 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

What sort of inputs do you have on your projector? Google yields a few results that look promising. This one looks interesting, but only has VGA out. Also, what sort of budget did you have in mind?. Good luck in your search.
Old 19th August 2005, 02:39 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thank you for the link, that looks like it would work perfectly. Its a little bit more expensive than what I had planned on spending, but it looks like it would do everything I wanted and more. The SXGA 1280 x 1024 is my projectors native resolution so that works out perfectly. I would need to buy a switch to toggle between pc/tuner so I don't' have to keep plugging and unplugging them.

I know, now your thinking "PC?", but I don't want to get a tuner card for it because I don't want to have to turn it on every time I want to watch TV.

I'm still open to anything else you wonderful people can find. Thanks again for looking velerman42.
Old 19th August 2005, 02:44 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Just found it here for only $117.61!!!!
Old 19th August 2005, 05:58 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I hadn't actually gone hunting for the best price on the tuner, I just thought it looked like an interesting piece of equipment that could suit your needs. ... After a bit more searching, it seems to be one of the better reviewed models out there. Check out Newegg for some reviews.

Hide this!Advertise here!