coaxial input not working, rca jacks are - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th August 2005, 07:11 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Unhappy coaxial input not working, rca jacks are

I have a problem with my GE (RCA) television. The Coaxial input just stopped working. The RCA input is working fine. Is there a quick fix for this such as a fuse? The unit is wall mounted and is about 11 years old. If I can fix this at home, it would be worth the effort of removing from wall.

Thanks for your help!
Old 12th August 2005, 07:16 PM   #2
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum, SandyCal.
Unfortunately, due to safety reasons we don't do TV's over here.
Apart from checking the obvious like cables I wouldn't recommend fiddling around in a TV set if not experienced.
Hope I can be of more help in audio related questions.

/Hugo
Old 12th August 2005, 08:30 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default TV

Hi:
Is this a monitor TV? Do you have the remote? Make sure that you have pressed the TV key and the channel selector is on something other than 91, 92 or 93 which are the video inputs, the RCA 's.,
Do you have snow on the screen and a rushing sound? Then your antenna or cable is not hooked up. Do you have the correct antenna jack connected? Press the antenna switch on the remote. Does this help?
Does the TV have three antenna connections? The top is for the antenna, the middle feeds the cable converter for pay or channels the TV won't select and the bottom is for the output of the cable converter, or a second antenna input. I use the top for cable and the bottom for the antenna input when my cable goes out. The antenna switch on the remote selects this input.
Hope this helps
Ed

Hide this!Advertise here!