coaxial input not working, rca jacks are

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a problem with my GE (RCA) television. The Coaxial input just stopped working. The RCA input is working fine. Is there a quick fix for this such as a fuse? The unit is wall mounted and is about 11 years old. If I can fix this at home, it would be worth the effort of removing from wall.

Thanks for your help!

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Welcome to the forum, SandyCal.
Unfortunately, due to safety reasons we don't do TV's over here.
Apart from checking the obvious like cables I wouldn't recommend fiddling around in a TV set if not experienced.
Hope I can be of more help in audio related questions.

/Hugo :)

TV

Hi:
Is this a monitor TV? Do you have the remote? Make sure that you have pressed the TV key and the channel selector is on something other than 91, 92 or 93 which are the video inputs, the RCA 's.,
Do you have snow on the screen and a rushing sound? Then your antenna or cable is not hooked up. Do you have the correct antenna jack connected? Press the antenna switch on the remote. Does this help?
Does the TV have three antenna connections? The top is for the antenna, the middle feeds the cable converter for pay or channels the TV won't select and the bottom is for the output of the cable converter, or a second antenna input. I use the top for cable and the bottom for the antenna input when my cable goes out. The antenna switch on the remote selects this input.
Hope this helps
Ed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.