How to get +15v and -15v from 12vdc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry, good point. I dont need very much current. Less than an amp, maybe between 250 and 500mA, more is ok though. I am looking for something i can build, instead of an off the shelf product. I am hoping to keep the cost of the circuit beloew $30 if i can.
Thanks
Hans

Maybe something like:
http://www.users.qwest.net/~ptaylor/Electronics/DC-PCsupply/DC-PC-Neg-supply.jpg

It's a small dc-dc from older Fluke DMM's.
The input is +5V and the output is +/- 15V (theres a 78/7915,thats not in the schematic,along with the + output diodes,and filtering caps.I modified one a bit for another project-only needed a Neg output.)
I'm not sure of the current available,but it's pretty decent.. Maybe 500ma?

Well, maybe...

Somebody suggested National. Here's a schematic from their LM2585 datasheet. Looks like the transformer may be available from Coilcraft.
A word of warning: switching power supplies are notorious for being difficult to build. Chances are you'll probably face a few problems while building.

Attachments

• lm2585fig11.gif
    lm2585fig11.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 105
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.