off topic dang that's a big tank

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i just had to share it. my back still hurts from lifting it up:D

i get my baby sharks friday morning:cool:

it took a good 3 hours to fill it. and in two weeks i got to refill it again when the stand comes in.

i have never had a tank this size so i wanted to share ;)

who ever thinks fish tanks are cheap are full of it the pump allone
is about $300 ouch my wife is not to happy with me :smash:

Attachments

• mvc-284s.jpg
    mvc-284s.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 228
That's not such a big tank fellows! I suppose it is all a matter of perspective... as a kid, we had 2x 50 gallon tanks... which the fish outgrew (Koi) ... upgrade was a 720 gallon pond in the back yard... In black Houston clay, ouch. Talk about hurting your back lifting.

Of course, since I was the youngest, guess who got stuck cleaning the filters?:dead:

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
I was once involved in an exhibition stand in Geneva. I wanted to have 6 huge cylindrical tanks, 3m high and 1/2 m in diameter filled with a particular type of jellyfish that glow under u/v light. We had to cut them when we got on site 'cos the point loading on the floor couldn't cope.

I sometimes wonder where those very expensive custom made tanks ended up...

An aquaintance of mine made a monster tank some years ago, by simply using an entire room in the basement and making a glass wall between that room and the one next to, so you sat in the room next to watching. Any maintainance had to be carried out by diving in the tank. I don't remember what sort of cretures he had, but I remember a couple of good laughs when he got bit when cleaning the tank :D

Magura :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.