people can get banned from diyaudio.com?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i was just looking through the posts and i noticed how billfitzmaurice has a banned title under his name in his post,, anyone have any idea on why someone like bill fitzmaurice, an almost legend in diy bass horns, is banned? blows me away, i built one of his designs and it was astonishing,, someone like that is very usefull to have around diyaudio.com,, anyways just struck me funny

planet10 said:
Bill could never get into the spirit of the board, treating it as a forum for advertising his product... then he went overboard with sock-puppeting. I, unfortuneatly never read his articles with the same respect again -- i found his last article quite over the top...

dave

Pardon me, but what is sock-puppeting?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
cowanrg said:
correct me if im wrong, but sock-puppeting is when you create other accounts or aliases when you are sin-binned (or banned or whatever) to keep posting. basically, using multiple accounts on diyaudio.com

More or less... anytime you create a 2nd account while you have an active one.

In one case Bill was replying to his own posts with a sock-puppet....

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.