Shielding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Forgive me if this has been covered or is in the wrong area. This is my first day on the forums after trying some research online and deciding I need to speak with someone about my questions.

I own a Yamaha RX-V640 & plan on using it to try and make as close to a professional home theater room as I can. I will upgrade in the future but for now here are my questions.

I work at a Best Buy in the computer department but have a basic understanding of home audio/video. I recently had a customer come in who I had to help out over in home theater and he was talking about running his cabling for his 6.1 system. He said he had gone to a hardware store and purchased long peices of copper pipping that he was going to run his audio cables through as shielding against power lines and RF. Now my question is what is the best material to even shield further your cables/equipment, is copper pipping like stated above a good idea for cables etc? What might be a better material or better idea?

Thanks for all the input I greatly appreciate it!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.