Odd Adire Audio warranty...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this part sorta struck me as odd

Life Support/Mission Critical Applications
Adire Audio products are not fault-tolerant and are not designed, manufactured, or intended for use or resale in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the normal operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation, communication systems, direct life support machines, heart defibrillators, or weapon systems, in which the failure of our product could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage.

life support machine needing subs.... I mean it make sense with warnings in semiconductor datasheets but.... Speakers???? Some warranty things just dont make sense, I mean no one wants to get sued but there speakers not aircraft navigation........

You can make an explosive with ordinary baking flour. Blow it into the air near an open flame and poof. Flour mills and grain elevators explode now and then when a spark ignites dust (flour essentially)in the air. it can level a building.

Put a PA speaker in that environment, and if it fails, the spark from an arcing voice coil connection can touch off such an event.

Not to mention othre examples where flamable fumes might be in the air.

It is not as far fetched as it might seem.

well..the ADA 1200 plate amp is a pretty knarly toy. I turned it on last, in my Projection system, the other day..and it popped the breaker and shut down that end of the house. 40kuf at +/-150V, aprox. Takes about two-three seconds for the rectifier to settle down.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.