Let's See a show of hands

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't think that a formal Degree in Engineering is necessary for you to qualify as an Engineer.
While I do hold a Degree, I have met many wonderful Engineers that were self-taught. Likewise, I've met a number of people with Engineering Degrees ... They couldn't figure out which end of a lightbulb to put into the socket.

Iam a recent EE graduate however it will be another 3-4 years before i am a licensed engineer (P.Eng). I guess the definition of engineer depends more on the qualification then the paper. BTW the pointy end of the bulbs goes into the screw-thing-a-ma-bob if i remember correctly:)

I'm not

audiousername said:
No, I'm not an engineer, I'm a student of er... dentistry.

I would suspect that most of the members here aren't engineers at all, but they won't bother to post here to say they aren't.

Well I used to be a technician about 20 years ago now I'm a sales guy.

I am perceived by my family, relatives and friends to have an engineering bent (this means that I end up fixing their stuff) ....does that count??

I guess I'm not.....sigh:(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.