Donations & Custom Titles....Alert for anyone who has donated to the cause - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2007, 04:51 PM   #21
Pocoyo is offline Pocoyo  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

if we want give donation send money to where?
no account ? bank address ?

best regard,
jeffryw

sorry for my "bad english", jeffry_widjaja@yahoo.com
Old 11th February 2007, 05:07 PM   #22
Warp Engineer
On Holiday

We prefer paypal. If you click the "Make a Donation" Button it will will direct you to our paypal account. Other methods can be arranged. If you cannot use paypal but still wish to make a donation, please email me. webmaster@diyaudio.com
Old 21st July 2007, 10:34 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I made a donation today, but I don't remember when I did the last one and maybe too long time is past.

What about the project of a reminder?
Old 22nd July 2007, 03:20 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

" ... We prefer paypal. If you click the "Make a Donation" Button it will will direct you to our paypal account. Other methods can be arranged. If you cannot use paypal but still wish to make a donation, please email me. webmaster@diyaudio.com ..."

Say, I see how this works now ... you get control of the diyaudio.com email accounts and become the receipient of all that moola, then when the account gets big enough you pay off your bar bills and spin the wheel again ...

No problem-o, count me in for another half "c" note ... ... The check's in your email ... har, har, hardi har.

All kidding aside, keep up the great work ...

Oops , I forgot to push the donation button and sent the cash directly by paypal ... hope it doesn't get lost ... he, he, he ...
Old 22nd July 2007, 03:43 AM   #25
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi thomaseliot,
Thank you very much.

We moderators don't see the donations because they are used 100% to maintain this site.

So to all who do send a donation, this is rolled back into things we can bring to service you. We just went to new hardware and other things that need to be paid off - so these donations go to you.

-Chris
Old 22nd July 2007, 04:13 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Just made my 2007 donation. Keep up your good works to all the diyaudio team.

Bye...
Old 22nd July 2007, 04:14 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

I may make light of my donation and your use of such, but believe me when I say that the pleasure this blog has given me is beyond repayment. ... Thanks.
Old 22nd July 2007, 04:34 AM   #28
diyAudio Moderator

Well, really ...... All of you make DiyAudio what it is.

When a member makes a donation to the site, I feel like our work is worth while. So from the moderating team, we thank each and every one who helps out. Many small donations will keep the lights on.

-Chris
Old 22nd July 2007, 04:37 AM   #29
Warp Engineer
On Holiday

Quote:
Originally posted by FastEddy
" ... We prefer paypal. If you click the "Make a Donation" Button it will will direct you to our paypal account. Other methods can be arranged. If you cannot use paypal but still wish to make a donation, please email me. webmaster@diyaudio.com ..."

Say, I see how this works now ... you get control of the diyaudio.com email accounts and become the receipient of all that moola, then when the account gets big enough you pay off your bar bills and spin the wheel again ...

No problem-o, count me in for another half "c" note ... ... The check's in your email ... har, har, hardi har.

All kidding aside, keep up the great work ...

Oops , I forgot to push the donation button and sent the cash directly by paypal ... hope it doesn't get lost ... he, he, he ...
I've remained silent on this issue for perhaps too long now. Just so everyone knows, and some fears can be put to rest... This is where we really currently stand.

With the new hardware that we have recently moved to, along with the new software that is being rolled out (in part already with the majority still to come later this year), and our ever growing traffic (slated to exceed 1TB / month sometime around Christmas) and development costs, we are currently about USD10k in the hole. I plan to run a beg-a-thon soon to try and recoup much of that but in the mean time, and for the forseeable future, donations that are made, are directly funding our efforts to keep this site the best D.I.Y. Audio forum on the net. Honestly, we are not even happy with that, we are always looking for ways to improve the site and how you interact with it and each other...... Bottom line is that none of that is free and none of the people who run this site have bottomless pockets so we do very much rely on the good will and generousity of all those that are willing and able to contribute in some way (big or small). Remember that ultimately this site belongs to the members and as such it will only ever be as good as all of you are willing to make it with the content and friendships you share with each other.
Old 22nd July 2007, 04:52 AM   #30
diyAudio Moderator

Hey AudioFreak,
You're not going to run a channel 17 thing on us are you???

[channel 17 in this area is a US public broadcasting station famous for their begatons. They interrupt shows constantly when running their "campaigns" asking for donations with a number of people on phones in the background]

Just kidding, but can you imagine every second page is a full page ad for money? Talk about nag ads!!!

Just relax, I was only kidding!

-Chris

Hide this!Advertise here!