The Dark Side of DiyAudio within me/you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a sin to confess. The devil within got hold of me when I was watching the news tonight! :bawling: I was watching the news clip on tele showing the funeral in Rome there when I saw John Paul's wooden coffin I said to myself out loud

" WoW..That's an excellent speaker box design! Look at that shape ! and the size of it! The finish is so beautiful and if I can cut a hole there and mount a driver here....and.. "

I feel so ashamed now :(

The Butcher:apathic:

Wooden?

May have wood on the outside, but it has to be lead lined in order to keep moisture out. You can bet that they didn't cut any corners in the design.

Yeah.......it might really be a good speaker cabinet. Funny how the Catholic Church always seems to have money, but us lowly Papists are almost all universally poor. Must be a connection.

Jocko

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Don't worry Chris. There was a thread a little while ago that dealt with that same issue. Coffins would make great cabinets. It's not like you thought that the Pope should be left in there as stuffing is it? If so you should be ashamed.

Heck, I should be ashamed for suggesting it. I should also be ashamed for using the neighbours pesky cat for stuffing in my last sub project. The darn thing almost scratched it's way through the cone before going silent.

Scary. It really made me Shiva.

In 1975 I bought a coffin from the Rocky Mountain Casket Company in Montana. I installed some shelves for equipment and records and placed it on the showroom floor of our store thinking that someone might be cool enough to buy it.

No one was cool enough.

The really funny thing was that while it was being transported in the back of my van I stopped for a beer. I met this little honey who wanted some oo-la-la right away and neither of our places was close enough. The van was the most convenient alternative. We just opened the lid of the coffin and . . .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.