Help salvage my old reciever?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have an old reciever, like from the 80s old(it's a "nikko" 3035), its currently powering my speakers, and does about 25 watts per channel im guessing (it draws 110 watts from the wall outlet, so i assumed half of that, then split it for each of its two channels). Anyway recently its been having problems. The amp has a power dial, as in to turn it on you twist it past a, b, spkr off and a+b. Ive recently been having trouble with the a+b, if you just turn it to there, then you usually only get sound out of your left channel, but if you jigggle it just the right way, youll get sound from right channel too. But its not that simple, i get bass to my left, but next to NONE to my right. If anyone is knowledgable on how to fix this in a jiffy, id be greatful.

Oh yeah i can take pictures if need be

It is likely to still be at least replaceable with a standard switch, possibly with custom wiring. If you could get a part number off it, that *might* help. Readings from every pin, to every other pin, at every switch position, either open or closed circuit, combined with a little thinking might tell you what's going on in the guts of it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.