Need help to view images...Please - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st March 2005, 02:47 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Need help to view images...Please

After a power failure that wiped my old P-1 computer because the UPS batteries were shot (who knew?) I have had to implement another dump score P-1 computer. This is my fastest machine yet at a blistering 333 MHz. What a treat....anyhow I digress. I made some changes while adding a firewall (subscribed to Zonealarm pro) and now I cannot see any of the thumbnail images in the posts here. Posts that have pics served from other locations work fine and are viewable. I have lived with this problem for months now and I'd really like to have image viewing capability again. I am missing soooo much.

I think my problem is associated with my attempts to block banner ads. I undid that change partially but still no pics yet some banner adds appear. When i am viewing ebay pages my display is really screwed up. Most of the boilerplate is little boxes where pics and icons should be.

Anyone have any ideas I can try to solve this problem? I suspect it is just a config issue.
Old 21st March 2005, 03:07 PM   #2
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Elso Kwak
Smile Need help to view images...Please

Windoz ... huh?
Had the same problem on my daughters PC with Win XP. Eventually installed Mozilla Fire Fox browser to get it working.
No more Windozzzzzzzz for me. Moving 2 Mac!!!
See also this thread started by Quirck:
Blank screen when I click on the thumnails
Old 21st March 2005, 03:15 PM   #3
mik is offline mik
diyAudio Member

If you are using Internet explorer go to Tools/internet options/advanced and control if tab Show picuters is maybe unchecked
Old 21st March 2005, 03:16 PM   #4
Warp Engineer
On Holiday

With Zonealarm, it's almost always one of the ad blocking settings. Play around with these and it will almost certainly come good.
Old 21st March 2005, 03:21 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanx guys. Actually I should have mentioned. Something corrupted my Internet Exploder program and nothing I could do was able to make it work again. I ended up installing Mozilla Firefox and that is working fine but cannot display the thumbnail images in these posts as I explained. I get a text message only where the inage should appear saying to click on it. When I hover over this spot my mouse cursor does not change as it should.

Still need a magic pill. Thanx.
Old 22nd March 2005, 06:58 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Hey rcavictim,
Try this...
In Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools > Options.
Now click on Web Features (to the left)
Make sure that "Load Images" is checked. If it is, and you still have problems, click on where it says Exceptions. Now check if this site is in there, with "Block" written beside it. If so, click on "Remove Site". If you can't find it at all, then add it in, and choose "Allow" ( This is starting to clutch at straws, but you might as well try). If none of this helps, then I think it's something other than Firefox doing this, and you'd better ask someone else, LOL. Good luck.
Old 22nd March 2005, 07:29 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to darth_sanchez
Default Re: Need help to view images...Please

Quote:
Originally posted by Elso Kwak

No more Windozzzzzzzz for me. Moving 2 Mac!!!
windows and mac both suck! if you want a decent operating system (or program as what it's called) get Linux! no viruses, spyware or anything like that whatsoever! linux is more reliable than any other operating system out and it's free!!!
Old 22nd March 2005, 09:06 AM   #8
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Elso Kwak
Unhappy Re: Re: Need help to view images...Please

Quote:
Originally posted by darth_sanchez

windows and mac both suck! if you want a decent operating system (or program as what it's called) get Linux! no viruses, spyware or anything like that whatsoever! linux is more reliable than any other operating system out and it's free!!!
Now this gets interesting! What's wrong with Mac? I don not want to learn Linux. Too stubborn and too old.

Old 22nd March 2005, 09:10 AM   #9
diyAudio Moderator

I agree. I want a computer that works for me, not one where I have to spend hours typing cryptic commands and compiling software before I can do anything.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 22nd March 2005, 09:13 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

I manage a few SCO Unix servers.
SCO is a good and powerful operating system but ... good grief ... those cryptic commands.
... and make one small mistake and you can be in real trouble.

At home I prefer point and click. It's easy and I'm lazy.

Hide this!Advertise here!