diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Audio-Sector discussion splitoff (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/53838-audio-sector-discussion-splitoff.html)

jleaman 10th March 2005 11:35 PM

Are these the prototypes ?

You got a email ..

pinkmouse 17th March 2005 02:21 PM

I hope that's a fused IEC connector...

pinkmouse 17th March 2005 02:22 PM

Foolish me...I should have let you finish! :headshot:

jleaman 17th March 2005 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by moe29
Great work Peter. I'm glad i waited before purchasing a new DAC
elsewhere. Can't wait to hear this in the sytem.

I agree!!!... Nice Job..

Did you figure out how much the transformers were ?

I too can't wait to hear it in my system...

peranders 17th March 2005 07:40 PM

Nice work, Peter but I don't see any fuses? 48 VA transformer without fuses? Isn't that a bit dangerous and unsafe?

Peter Daniel 17th March 2005 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by peranders
Nice work, Peter but I don't see any fuses? 48 VA transformer without fuses? Isn't that a bit dangerous and unsafe?
Do you really think I would made a commercial DAC without a fuse? Look closely and you'll see one ;)

jleaman 17th March 2005 08:19 PM

If you dont have these certified buy a company that does CSA yor going to be sued up the but. Id suggest before selling these or putting them on your site you might want to get these aproved. Or put a note on the site these are only for diy and owner must take there own risk.

I know a guy that just had his products tested and failed and was sued. Due to a house fire. I'd Hate to see you be sued over this. : O )

J'

jleaman 17th March 2005 09:23 PM

I dont think soldering a fuse to the board like that is a good idea. : O )

Reason 's

1 You get the can of the fuse to hot the wire inside will come unsoldered.

2 Hard to change a blown fuse

3 Just not Pratical ..

when i get my board..mine will be external.

jleaman 17th March 2005 09:42 PM

Are you saying your design's are perfect and will never fail or hiccup ? I have had lots of things that needed fuses that shold have never blown. Ie a mouse on a computer or a keyboard or my remote for my tv ect ect lots of things they all blow at some point. unplugging something then pluging it back in causes a serge it might blow the fuse ect ect there are lots of reason's..

I think it would be wise for me any way or others to solder a fuse off the board and in some kinda of holder : O )

moamps 17th March 2005 09:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Peter Daniel
...... Do you really think I would made a commercial DAC without a fuse? Look closely and you'll see one ;)
Hi,
your fuse implementation doesn't look safe and practical.
Why not use an insulated version (with optional two pin socket)?

Regards,
Milan