Audio-Sector discussion splitoff - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th March 2005, 06:03 PM   #51
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
This if you were to put into production would FAIL You are not listening to what we are saying your only picking out what some thing's are said.
Old 18th March 2005, 06:10 PM   #52
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Jason,

Why would it FAIL? If you do such claims, I request clear and specific explanation. This is not a regular thread and my reputation is on line. That's why we should adhere to more strict rules with regards to expressing claims here. And yours are not substantiated by anything, you are just randomly repeating the same all over, without giving any explanation why.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 18th March 2005, 06:14 PM   #53
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to JensRasmussen Send a message via MSN to JensRasmussen
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
My product is so flexible, that it's up to you how you will use it. The AC section (either transformer, or AC receptacle) can be easily trimmed off, if it does not suit your needs. You can also put two fuses (on hot and on neutral, if you wish). I'm offering compact integrated solution, which btw complies with safety regulations, but it's completely up to end user how he will implement the board and use its features.

There is no set rules as how it supposed to be done, there is only a set of options. But most of you, participating in this discussion, missed to understand that.
Actually some of the safety regulations are rather specific. But generally the manufacturer is supposed to engineer his own solution to the rules.

The rules are WERY SPECIFIC when it comes to over voltage and insulation between mains side voltages and secondary side voltages in a power supply.

I think you have misunderstood the rules. The safety people at the test facility care more about safety, than what your implementation of a dac sounds like. If the thing does not pass the test, it does not matter how good it may sound. They will stop the product hitting the streets. This is a fact of life, that may also explain why some things are done “sub optimal” compared to signal path and so on in many commercial products.

Enough of this, good luck in court Peter (<- This is a joke)

\Jens
Old 18th March 2005, 06:14 PM   #54
Banned

Im not trying to hurt nor am i trying to ruen or dis your reputation. All * I * am saying is you should change yuor ways of therory for ac law's and im plement better ideas for safty. Making is compact is great but also keep note that you you have to be ware of some one eles's safty building yuor product. We all know you will sell this as a kit or as a finnished product im just looking out for you so you will be around longer. Me i do admire your work but some times i disagree with some aspect's of the law's and implementation.

Keep up the good work just think of other's safty as well.
Old 18th March 2005, 06:16 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Here's another solution. Nobody says that place on my board, specified for AC connection has to be used. I made it there, as it works for me and offers compact, one piece assembly, without need for a chassis ar any wires.

But this Power Module, that I've been using on all my amps and PS, can be easily implemented with a DAC board, by simply connecting it with wires to transformer pins (on the bottom).

exactly : O) Perfect Product to be used with you'r dac.

Ive emailed you and asked nicly about the dac board but i guess you refuse. ANd when i said CSA aproved i ment your FINAL product had to be aproved not the board.

Can i Get a board please ?
Old 18th March 2005, 06:18 PM   #56
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally posted by JensRasmussen

Actually some of the safety regulations are rather specific. But generally the manufacturer is supposed the engineer his own solution to the rules.

The rules are WERY SPECIFIC when it comes to over voltage and insulation between mains side voltages and secondary side voltages in a power supply.

I think you have misunderstood the rules. The safety people at the test facility care more about safety, than what your implementation of a dac sounds like. If the thing does not pass the test, it does not matter how good it may sound. They will stop the product hitting the streets. This is a fact of life, that may also explain why some things are done “sub optimal” compared to signal path and so on in many commercial products.

Enough of this, good luck in court Peter (<- This is a joke)

\Jens
Would you please explain what exact safety issues you have in mind when talking about "insulation between mains side voltages and secondary side voltages in a power supply."

Otherwise this discussion, and comments "good luck in court" are pointless.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 18th March 2005, 06:21 PM   #57
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to JensRasmussen Send a message via MSN to JensRasmussen
Quote:

Would you please explain what exact safety issues you have in mind when talking about "insulation between mains side voltages and secondary side voltages in a power supply."

No, you are the manufacturer, I'm just making audio stuff for fun.

I did take some clases in EMC and safety though..... maybe you should try that?

\Jens
Old 18th March 2005, 06:35 PM   #58
diyAudio Moderator

Guys, you have been warned. Peter has been made aware that some of you have concerns with safety. Fair enough. What he does now is up to him as a responsible manufacturer. But this discussion has gone far enough and stops NOW! Further action may be taken as required and without further warning.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 23rd March 2005, 06:22 PM   #59
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

This thread is split off from the Audio Sector commercial thread:

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!