Phoenix Systems parametric EQ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone have or have experience with any of the Phoenix Systems kits from the early eighties? Just wondering. It looks like the company (guy) went out of business very quickly. I have owned a pair of the parametric EQs (I built) for about 25 years and they have served me extremely well. The housing and mechanical issues I solved when I mounted two systems in a single 2 space rackmount housing, but the circuit performs very well and has never failed. I checked the response with a Nicolet Audio Spectrum Analyzer and a white noise generator and it looks like the spec. There is nothing like a parametric eq for removing those (horrible?) resonance peaks in any typical speaker/room combo. I couldn't live without it. I would actually like to buy another para eq to use on my workshop stereo, if I could get one cheap. But let's face it, I can buy a Behringer for about 90 bucks and it is already 1U rackmount. :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.