Schematic Drawing Program or Electronics Symbols

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You running under OS 9 (or earlier or under X?

I use Vectorworks ... probably a bit over the top price wise if you can't amotize its cost over paying work -- it is a full-blown professional CAD program (IMHO opion it embarres the industry standard AutoCAD & at a price that leasves you enuff cash to buy a machine to run it on). Because i use it i haven't explored much else.

Here is an article on "5 affordable CAD programs"

http://www.architosh.com/news/2005-01/2000c-0124-mini-cadmini_2.html

You can do scematics in almost any Mac drawing program This includes AppleWorks, Illustrator, Freehand & more.

Raster libraries like TubePad encourage using raster editors (ie paint). Paint programs are a bit harder to edit in -- but you can snatch pre-drawn symbols from any schematic posted on the web. You can also use them to edit & prep pictures for all sorts of applications including the web GraphicConverter, PhotoShop Elements (an absolute bargin), AppleWorks are examples.

VectorWorks comes with a set of electronic drawing symbols, but i've ended up making up most of mine (and they are evolving continually. Drawing programs are also good for doing speaker & chassis drawings...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

ConceptDraw is another ap that can be used for doing maps.... it is much more than a drawing program

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

dave

Attachments

• eveozen.gif
    eveozen.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 111
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.