For people who speak french - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th August 2002, 02:06 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default For people who speak french

SVP, allez voter pour avoir un "french speaking" forum.
Merci

Please vote to get a french speaking forum in the "feature requests list".
This was my first and last political message
Thanks
Old 7th August 2002, 07:19 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to NU_NRG
Question Uh?...

Quel intéret y a t'il a yavoir un tel forum français?

Apprend à être flexible un peu pour communiquer avec les autres
Tu devrais aussi garder ton nationalisme à l'extrême pour toi...

-Simon

** edited by moderator**
satisfactorily settled, see apology
dice45
Old 7th August 2002, 09:32 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Bonjour,

Je trouve quand même qu'au moins un thread en français serait une bonne chose, pour que les francophones puissent expliquer en détail les choses qu'ils ne savent pas dire en anglais...

I think that at least one thread in french language is a good thing, in order to permit that french speaking people can explain, with precision, in his native language, things that they cann't translate in english...

Salutations, Regards, P.Lacombe.
Old 7th August 2002, 09:47 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Et qui va faire les traductions pour eux qui ne comprennent pas le Francais?

Who's gonna take care of the translations for those who don't understand French?

I find it frustrating enough already that too many of the questions and hypotheses I post in English do not draw any qualified response. Just imagine those being posted in a language that 95% of the members do not even understand!

a+

Eric
Old 7th August 2002, 10:59 PM   #5
JoeBob is offline JoeBob  Canada
diyAudio Member

Actually, I see more german or dansih posters truggling in english on this forum then posters from french speaking areas. I'm sure if we made a french section there would have to be german sections, spanish sections etc etc, and then the people not speaking those languages would miss out on the topics being discussed.
Old 7th August 2002, 11:14 PM   #6
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

I reckon we keep it in english but provide more integrated translation tools for word / slang and post translation.
Old 7th August 2002, 11:43 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

In that case DIY would not be the same.

Trigon.
Old 8th August 2002, 12:33 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I partially agree with all of you guys except for a stupid answer of NU_NRG, it was just a suggestion to poll the audience.
Thanks for your honest answers.
Old 8th August 2002, 01:03 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

I agree with JoeBob and Jason,

The board is used by people all over the world, if we begin with a french section, we'll need german sections, suedish, italian..... every contributing counrty will want (or need) an area.

I'm french living in the US, and i say the board (and all other very usefull board as AVSForums) are perfect the way they are, in a langage spoken and understood by most of us.
If you have difficulties understand something, grab a good dictionnary, you'll learn both in english and by the answer you are looking for.
I agree that a multilangage translator would be very helpfull, like a little button next to the "reply" or "quote" button, linking to babelfish translator or something like that.
Maybe we could have a forum open where people query help from other about specific wording, and then post in regular forums....

Pierre
Old 8th August 2002, 01:13 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Me little froggy. Find it way cool to ask questions and post replies in English, mainly 'cause I have to think twice (or more) to what I have to write, and it helps me clarifying the problem and asking the right question with the right words Besides, it's harder to wander offtracks with a limited vocabulary
Keep it English !

Hide this!Advertise here!