National IQ test.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A long time ago I was introduced to a kid in junior high. With a straight face he said, "Hi, my name is ____ . I have an IQ of 156."

I instantly thought, "Man, what an idiot!"

As far as I know the kid never made it to college. I think that he believed his lesser peers would carry him through life on their shoulders. Instead they dropped him on his fat head.

I've never seen the benefit of IQ tests. If someone is smart, let their actions show it. Life is the only test, whose results I trust.

-Dan

I didn't read thru the whole thread. But I thought I at least should add this, perception is largely a learnt behaviour. Meaning that an IQ test written in the US may work in Europe, but most likely not in Asia. Of course, you could just draw the conclusion that Asians are dumber and be over with it.

I think there's a name for what planet10 brought up. It includes such things as social competence. I will get burned for this (though I shouldn't), but propeller heads usually score low on this. Just as propeller heads get high scores on IQ tests. And I think at least the latter is easily explained. Propeller heads are very good at abstract thinking, math and programming for example.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.