Dutch DIY audio day announcement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Guido et al,

I mention tube amps and within 10-mins there's half a dozen PMs whether I could post a picture of the interior. So here goes, take notice that this predates my education, this is all done back in '93 when I was doing this as a hobby. I would change a few things about the design if I had to do it again, but it is a nice amp nonetheless, with some solid research and principles behind it.

11501.jpg

Best regards,

Sander Sassen
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com

laws of physic?!

Most of the "laws" of physic that I am aware of describe phenomena. They are models of what we "see", and they do help us to predict behaviour in the terms that we are able to "measure".

There is still development in these laws. It is a pitty that not all (engineering) studies not only learn you the "laws" but also their limitations and developments.

Looking at all the proza written on the virtue of cables we have not been able to either measure the quality of sound or to predict this quality.

As for cables, I do perceive differences, independent of their economics. The same applies for my wine, unfortunately the tastier ones are more expensive and cannot be replaced by CAT based grapes.

E&E

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

That's all I took this year

The electrostatic loudspeaker on the picture from Bas sounded AMAZING!
I thought it sounded pretty good as well. Others thought it sucked. Just goes to show how diverse peoples tastes are.

Simon T...thanks for a great day.
http://home.versatel.nl/ddiy_2005/

Great people as well...an example...I forgot my digital camera in one of the rooms...!!!! Only to find it again!... an hour later..

That's my lardass and me amps (trying to make the floss work as string for my BIX)

The outer speakers are my rendition of the Bastanis Dragonfly...look ok on the pictures...but I have to rebuild them..made some errors

Louis Armstrong record I had planned on playing..bought it the day before for 1 euro..and boy was I suprised with the sound Q.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.