HELP! my brain is melting - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th January 2005, 11:51 AM   #11
phn is offline phn  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
is it beter to stay in a job that is just ok but has great benefits and treats me good but where i am bored and dont get paid as much as i want or shoiuld i just sweat it out and hope for a promotion and more money?
Most people, I'm sure, would say, Yes! While it would be easy to call those people conformists and ******** and what have you, only you can answer that question. And since you brought the question up, I think you already know the answer.

Like so much in life, it's about making a choice. In this case it often seems to be between comfort and security or excitement and uncertainty. Ever since 9-11 there has been lots of talk about we now live in uncertain times. Like if the future used to be certain!
Old 25th January 2005, 04:35 PM   #12
diyAudio Moderator

Please don't make me edit your posts for language again, it is very annoying.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 25th January 2005, 06:12 PM   #13
phn is offline phn  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Man, you guys are veritable the FCC! Lesson learned.
Old 25th January 2005, 06:16 PM   #14
diyAudio Moderator

Thanks
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 25th January 2005, 09:47 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Take math, science, history and art.

There are not enough engineers who know how to make beautiful things and not enough artists who know how to make practical things.

Oh wait... that's what I do.

At university it's known as industrial design and/or architecture. I do the former. Many, many more practice the latter. The best at either have wisdom from all four of those disciplines.

:)ensen.
Old 26th January 2005, 01:04 AM   #16
barn is offline barn  Australia
diyAudio Member

Happiness is more important than money, yes I know money helps to create happiness but just take a look at all the rich un happy people in the world and all the poor happy people.

Life is what YOU make it.
Old 26th January 2005, 01:54 AM   #17
lolojr1 is offline lolojr1  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to lolojr1 Send a message via Yahoo to lolojr1
wow thanks i really feel like someone is listening to me and i might even be affecting someone elese judging by the edited post i really have a big decision and i am getting all kinds of info now just last week i could not find any one to answer any of my questions so i put off my first semester of school but now i am deffinately going to go back as soon as i can i am going to get my paperwork together and start to do something imprtant to make my life go somewhere
thanks alot everyone
Old 30th January 2005, 04:14 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Yes, get your paperwork together and plan for next semester.

But in the meantime you can get involved and taste some things and make contacts. You might be surprised how welcome you are to "sit in" on classes. Auditing for free, as it were. Many times a fresh, unencumbered perspective provides thought-provoking questions.

Volunteer to be a guinea pig, or help out a student doing a large bronze casting...or theatre dept....they always need help.

Hide this!Advertise here!