Modding SCART adapter ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Introduction: Hello everyone from Finland ! I am new to this forum but I have been watching posts of yours a some time now. So, keep the good going on ;)

So, I have this problem with the TV when I use scart adapter with S-Video input and Radeon card, i got only black&white colors.
Then my eyes got an website (svideo.com) where they told that theyr SCART adapter delivers color signal too !!!

So what do I need to do to mod my adapter to deliver color signal to TV ?

i dont want to buy a new adapter, modding it by myself is more useful.

ps. I had tried once a DIY VGA-SCART cabel but it did not work out in my TV, im getting on that proble later.

My Thanks.

You probably have a SCART lead that is not fully-wired. S-video uses some pins that composite video does not, so cheap cables leave them unconnected. Pins 15 and 13 definitely need to be connected to get colour.

Searching Google for "scart pinout" reveals many sites with information on wiring them up.

Personally I would just buy a new one, since soldering those damned pins is not a pleasant experience!

Television is the Samsung 28" widescreen. It have only minimum settings to control. I haven't seen settings to switch to SVHS. Only in the servicemenu, which is available by the series of secret key pressing, have some more settings. There is something about SVHS but in my experience that wont do anything.

I have made a VGA-SCART cabel but i have problems with it too. (searching the thread about the case...)

Shitty TV !!! :mad:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.