How would you like DIYaudio.com changed?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pete,
Two quick comments:
1) I agree that some sort of music listing might be nice. However, I've tried floating a few mentions of recordings in my posts but never had a response, even when I asked for one.
2) Setting aside questions of taste in music, I think there'd be a bit of difficulty separating the wheat from the chaff. Note that there are posts where people get really, really, really excited about some piece of chip-based gear. Perhaps it really is the True Path To Nirvana...maybe...but more likely it's simply that people either aren't experienced enough to recognize good sound, or (I hope not) simply have low standards. I suspect that it would be difficult to trust just anyone's word that a recording was 'spectacular.' I have no doubt that there are people here whose ears I could trust, but at $10-20 a pop, it could be expensive finding out who.

Grey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.