Power supplies and their ambushes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yldouright said:
If I have less academic acumen than you it doesn't invalidate the premise that I can come up with a better way to do something than you. The whole world is a collective group of minds and each has experiences and knowledge which can be useful to each other. A doctorate in Electronic theory will not make you a great audio designer so stop trying to point out what I don't know and acknowledge what I do know. You don't know me so you view my objectives pessimistically but if anything profitable were to come of this, I would be mindful of those that helped bring it about and commensurately thankful to the board which made it possible. Of course you can just sit on the sidelines if you like and if I am to go by these last few posts of yours, I think I would prefer that.
:)

You aren't the first person to have the idea that reducing common mode noise in a power supply would be a good thing. Even if you were the first, the general idea is not patentable. The devil is in the details.

If someone else takes your non-working circuit and makes changes to it so that it does work then it is no longer your idea - it's theirs.

jeff mai
That is a facetious post. You totally ignore what I wrote about how I want to do it, where I want to have it happen, why it could be done, what makes it unique and what has changed in amp designs to make it possible. You are either commenting without reading or are pretending not to notice.

yldouright said:
jeff mai
That is a facetious post. You totally ignore what I wrote about how I want to do it, where I want to have it happen, why it could be done, what makes it unique and what has changed in amp designs to make it possible. You are either commenting without reading or are pretending not to notice.

I already replied to this. See Texas.

I'm finished. I'll offer any advice I have after I understand what you are trying to do. You were right about this not being constructive - so I'll stop.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.