PCB layout sites - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th July 2002, 07:16 AM   #11
Vivek is offline Vivek  India
diyAudio Member

Hey, this thread is getting very informative.
As I understand it, the layout for say a power amplifier can affect the sound quality. That obviously calls for some practice.
The software that produces the board layout just lines up all res, caps etc in a line, so I hope it is okay to shift them. I thought the software does the optimum placement and it would not be wise to shift the components around.
Mpopovics, Andy, great help.
Old 25th July 2002, 12:06 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

hi,

i tried to design some boards with the IVEX, and i found out that it is not easy at all.
infact it is very problematic and risky, at least to me.

then i saw the layouts from the PCB-DESIGN (http://web.vip.hr/pcb-design.vip) , unbeliveable... i never saw something like that before, not only that the layouts are well done, but they are also very simetric, infact they are simetric, even if the circuit diagram is far from that.

i talked to PCB-DESIGN and ask what software they used for designing the Aleph boards. the answer was PROTEL and TANGO, the all boards are SINGLE SIDED and that there is not used any help from autoruter !!!

now i see the mpopovics work, very good, and again it is done with the PROTEL, and also without autorute.

how that it is possible ?
am i missing something or ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aleph5-pcb-design.jpg (64.0 KB, 296 views)
Old 25th July 2002, 03:36 PM   #13
sam9 is offline sam9  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Ivex

Quote:
Originally posted by chorei
hi,

i tried to design some boards with the IVEX, and i found out that it is not easy at all.
infact it is very problematic and risky, at least to me.

I just want to confirm your comment about IVEX. It can be made to work but if you are easily angered or frustrated it is best avoided. Amoung otherthings, it crashes under Win98 on a regular basis. Under WinXP, you have to download and unofficial patch and turn off any any-virus software. It's only virtue that I see is that it is cheap.

I've downloaded a pin-limited version of Vutrax, appearently a full professional level product out of the UK. I'm still working my way through the tutorials which are very extensive, which go beyond just documentiong what all the menu choices are but include quite a bit of practicle procedural device. So far I'm fairly impressed. My only dissapointment is that their library of discrete devices does not include all that I would like, so I expect to have to create about half symbol/footprint combinations I use.

Hide this!Advertise here!