"Standard" EIC template

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just as I thought.......

Typing EIC instead of IEC. Making all of us senior citizens have a senior citizen moment. Not beuno, dude.

You could do what us old farts do.......measure the outline......draw it on a CAD package.....print it out........tape it over the place where you want it.......start drilling/cutting filing.

BTW.......you will probably have to make one for each brand of inlet.

Jocko

Yeah, I bet Greenlee would ask about $300 for it.

I admit I fudge with a Dremel if I have to stick one of those in something.

In some cases, if mounted from the outside, is there not enough flange to cover the corners of a rectangluar hole?

COnsider a snap in version. Snaps in like a rocker switch does. Needs a plain old vanilla rectangle hole.

Look at Mouser stock # 161-0711-PQA for example, it does have beveled corners, but they are behind the flange. I service numerous products that use it, and it is installed in a rectangle hole. No point in making the odd shaped hole for it. 74 cents each. The corners are not involved in support either way.

I stock both the snap ins and the mount flange ones, but for new coinstruction, I stick to square.

If you are committed to the mount flange type, look at a manufacturers site for product description. FInd your connector in a catalog to get the makers part number then look for a data sheet. I suspect the mounting hole dimensions are there, ready to lift. Mouser might even have such linked to their site already.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.