Winfast 2000XP TV-card problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,
I normally tumble around in the Solid State section, however now I got a serius computer problem :bawling:

I have just got me a new WinFast 2000XP TV-card for my AMD 1800 PC with 1 gb Ram and 160 gb harddisc, because I wanted to convert my old home videos to DVD's.

My problems is, that if I try to record directly from my older Sharp video camera (VHS and PAL), the video gets very unclear, has almost no colours and have a lot of flickering......

The picture on the big LCD screen on the camera is very fine, and the same is for wieving the movie on the TV :confused:

I have updated all drivers and tried several versions of Ulead moviemaker, winfast software and windows software to record without any use...

Only thing that helped a little was when I moved the WinFast card another PCI slot far away from the graphics card...

Below is a snapshot of the quality.
I hope somebody can help me.....

Attachments

• winfast_2000xp_1.jpg
    winfast_2000xp_1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 58
What app do you use for capturing?
Does this card have any jumper for pal/ntsc? My video card has one.
What codec do you use? Try once with full frames, no compression(this will produce HUGE files, but will not alter the quality, so it will be the best quality the hardware(card) can provide.
I guess your cam has no DV out? Would have been much better with DV.

You may do what I did when I upgraded to DV: buy a dvd recorder, record all your tapes on dvd at best quality then return the dvd recorder for a refund. You well have your records in MPEG2 format and that's kinda ok.

Re: roibm

ACD said:
The snapshots you see are with highest resolution and no compresion what so ever...

And I have tried all media formats with no luck :rolleyes:

I really want this card to work.....
So what did you choose for codec?
As about the card, how is the tuner? Good quality?
I can't really say what's going on with the card, it might just have a problem. Have you tried any other capture card? I had some wintv card in the past and really had big problems with it. Now I have an x800-VIVO, very nice great quality but lots of money.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.