Need to assemble a clock.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To invert it, flip the polarizer sheet (the piece of plastic on front of the LCD) upside down.

To backlight it... depends on how you want to do it. You can edge-light it with LED's, which invariably looks bad.

Or you can peel the reflective stuff off the back of the LCD and put an EL panel behind it, and rig up an inverter somewhere in the clock. Or use a piece of frosted plastic with edge-lit LED's, which most cellphones do.

gmarsh said:
To invert it, flip the polarizer sheet (the piece of plastic on front of the LCD) upside down.

To backlight it... depends on how you want to do it. You can edge-light it with LED's, which invariably looks bad.

Or you can peel the reflective stuff off the back of the LCD and put an EL panel behind it, and rig up an inverter somewhere in the clock. Or use a piece of frosted plastic with edge-lit LED's, which most cellphones do.

The clock I am thinking of doing this with would be this one:
http://www.bellautomotive.com/asp/product_details.asp?id=23059

Would there always be a polarization sheet? I've seen LCD clocks that didn't have any peelable plastic on the front of them that I could take off and flip.. in like a calculator for example.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.