laptop headphone o/p to Mic input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am putting together a laptop/projectioh system for my church.
This is going fine -- but I want to be able to provide audio from the laptop as well as vision!

The only input to my church sound system mixer is a microphone input.

(Very silly I know - but thats what is physically located where the laptop is ... and I cant change the other end easily).

So - I know very very little of the specifics of the spec of a typical laptop headphone output (not stated on data sheet of course) and also very little about microphone inputs.

Clearly I need to match levels and impedances (the distances are quite long).

I lookat the paticular mic I have and it is a Audio Technica AT857QMa.

I looked at the spec sheet and it appears to produce about half a volt and uses DC power from the mixer.

Anybody got a circut, or know of a piece of kit I can use to make this work easily?

Yeah mate this is every day AV staging stuff grab a DI box & away you go.
If you want the content of both audio channels you will either need to run 2 di boxes & 2 mic channels or I would recomend using two 1k resistors i series with the signal conductors to mix properly to mono.
I wouldn't bother buliding a di box these days they are so cheap.
cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.