Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

The Integral Transference Project
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st November 2004, 01:23 PM   #1
EchoWars is offline EchoWars  United States
diyAudio Member

Default The Integral Transference Project

A gentleman over at AudioKarma.org posted a rather bizarre thread regarding some 'revolution' in home audio, called the Integral Transference Project. I have not have the time to dig through it as of yet, but some of the best minds in audio tend to cruise these forums, so I thought perhaps that if I called attention to the site here, perhaps some basic understanding on just WTH this thing is all about might be at hand.

What I've read so far is thick and the overall concept is muddied by writing that appears more to be trying to impress a university professor rather than make clear the basic idea and then delve into techicalities. Whatever it is, I certainly plan on doing battle with the white papers offered at the site, and would be way more than curious of the thoughts of those who know and understand the behavior and nature of sound reproduction better than I.

Brilliance or BS, either way, the link is there for your perusal. Now if a few Ph.D's will step up and tell me what these guys are doing...

Old 21st November 2004, 01:35 PM   #2
SY is offline SY  United States
On Hiatus

Rule of Thumb: when someone uses the word "paradigm," be cautious. When someone uses it in the first sentence, be VERY cautious. When someone uses it seven times on a page, you're almost certainly dealing with either BS or some simple idea being puffed up to make it seem grand.
Old 21st November 2004, 01:48 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Did a little deeper...perhaps a few of the white papers. This guy has done some serious research into this whole thing. Few go to these lengths to propagate BS...

It may be a basic idea dissected to the point where it looks unrecognizable, but then again...
Old 21st November 2004, 01:56 PM   #4
pinkmouse is offline pinkmouse  Europe
diyAudio Moderator

Well, for a start, he needs to be taken out, put against a wall, and shot for his abuse of the English language...

If anyone, supposedly that educated, can't write clearly and coherently, then they are trying to hide something.

:edit: I got to figure 20 in the second white paper, and it all clicked into place... It's an April Fools joke...
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 21st November 2004, 02:50 PM   #5
SY is offline SY  United States
On Hiatus

Quote:
Few go to these lengths to propagate BS...
My oh my, I wish that were true!
Old 21st November 2004, 03:08 PM   #6
Mr Evil is offline Mr Evil  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
macro-micro
That has to be the most clever-stupid use of those words that I have ever seen!
Old 21st November 2004, 07:24 PM   #7
Sch3mat1c is offline Sch3mat1c  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Sch3mat1c Send a message via AIM to Sch3mat1c
:Blink:... two random sentences are enough BS for me... brrr

The diagrams (what few I bothered to look at) seem to be getting at reproducing sound as it comes from the instrument, spatially. It'd be cheaper to staff performers and buy their instruments.

Tim
Old 21st November 2004, 10:35 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

The author of these papers has joined in a discussion in a thread over at AudioKarma. Anyone who's curiosity is piqued might hop over and jump right in...

http://65.219.61.150/forums/showthread.php?t=27112
Old 22nd November 2004, 04:39 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

OK, the gentleman has made it clear that he is not the author of these papers. Whatever...
Old 24th November 2004, 03:42 AM   #10
audiowkstation is offline audiowkstation  United States
diyAudio Member

Default To the moderator.

Hello. To the moderator. Could you please delete this post? The poster did not have proper permission to link the post from the original site. Thank you for your consideration and cooperation. If you have any questions, PM me and I can call you in person. Thank you.

The Integral Transference ProjectHide this!Advertise here!