The Integral Transference Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A gentleman over at AudioKarma.org posted a rather bizarre thread regarding some 'revolution' in home audio, called the Integral Transference Project. I have not have the time to dig through it as of yet, but some of the best minds in audio tend to cruise these forums, so I thought perhaps that if I called attention to the site here, perhaps some basic understanding on just WTH this thing is all about might be at hand.

What I've read so far is thick and the overall concept is muddied by writing that appears more to be trying to impress a university professor rather than make clear the basic idea and then delve into techicalities. Whatever it is, I certainly plan on doing battle with the white papers offered at the site, and would be way more than curious of the thoughts of those who know and understand the behavior and nature of sound reproduction better than I.

Brilliance or BS, either way, the link is there for your perusal. Now if a few Ph.D's will step up and tell me what these guys are doing...

:xeye:

Rule of Thumb: when someone uses the word "paradigm," be cautious. When someone uses it in the first sentence, be VERY cautious. When someone uses it seven times on a page, you're almost certainly dealing with either BS or some simple idea being puffed up to make it seem grand.

Did a little deeper...perhaps a few of the white papers. This guy has done some serious research into this whole thing. Few go to these lengths to propagate BS...

It may be a basic idea dissected to the point where it looks unrecognizable, but then again...

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Well, for a start, he needs to be taken out, put against a wall, and shot for his abuse of the English language...

If anyone, supposedly that educated, can't write clearly and coherently, then they are trying to hide something.

:edit: I got to figure 20 in the second white paper, and it all clicked into place... It's an April Fools joke...:)

Re: To the moderator.

audiowkstation said:
Hello. To the moderator. Could you please delete this post? The poster did not have proper permission to link the post from the original site. Thank you for your consideration and cooperation. If you have any questions, PM me and I can call you in person. Thank you.

I've modified EchoWars's link to go to the home page of that site.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
audiowkstation said:
o permission was given to link.

No permission is required

http://www.nolo.com/lawcenter/ency/article.cfm/objectID/C13F7E6B-B05E-43DF-80D62B635DF9DD9F

SY was at least courteous enuff to make sure the link went to your main page, so that people would get the whole story.

What is more interesting is why you would not want a link. The whole point of putting a web site up is to get people to come visit. You get visitors by people linking to you. And unless you pay them money a search engine ranks a site by the number of links to it.... iT is like opening a store, putting up an open for business sign, leaving the door open and giving customers a hard time for coming in without permission....

(this thread is getting off track pretty quick)

You should consider this as an opportunity to share your ideas, get input, help people understand.

dave

I believe Mr. Roberts may be dismayed by the lack of enthusiasm for the 'project'. ;)

I posted the link in good faith, and in the hopes of getting feedback from some of the community's brightest minds. The lack of acceptance or even a willingness to examine the material in detail is certainly no fault of my own. Your request to delete the post amounts to a reverse censorship of the sort that I cannot fathom, unless it is simply the sparse and embarassing replies that it has generated.

In all honesty, I think that many of the responses to the ideas are unfairly harsh, and don't give the material the chance it deserves. That said, your request to delete the thread is ludicrous, and you border on embarrassing youself by insisting. At the very least it displays a gross ignorance of the way the web works (and certainly little understanding of laws governing such issues).

If you don't want the material read, have the website taken down.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.