M$ & Sony = law suite.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gday.

Realy funny, Microsoft employies uses/use warez.

"An anonymous reader writes "German PC-Welt magazine reports that Microsoft used an illegal copy of SoundForge 4.5 (Google translation) for editing Wave files shipped with Windows Media Player. You can check that yourself by opening any file in the [Windows location] \Help\Tours\WindowsMediaPlayer\Audio\Wav\ folder in notepad or other editors of your choice and looking at the last line. There you will find a reference to SoundForge 4.5 and also a user called 'Deepz0ne' who happens to be one of the founders of an audio software cracking group called Radium."

here`s the line:
LISTB INFOICRD 2000-04-06 IENG Deepz0ne ISFT Sound Forge 4.5
som comments on slashdot:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/11/13/0036243&tid=133&tid=201&tid=109&tid=1

"There you will find a reference to SoundForge 4.5 and also a user called 'Deepz0ne' who happens to be one of the founders of an audio software cracking group called Radium."

I didn't find that in Windows 2000. I did find a reference to SoundForge 4.0.

This simply means that the Windows .wav file was created using SoundForge. It doesn't mean that there is an illegal copy of the software within Windows.

Frank Berry said:
"There you will find a reference to SoundForge 4.5 and also a user called 'Deepz0ne' who happens to be one of the founders of an audio software cracking group called Radium."

I didn't find that in Windows 2000. I did find a reference to SoundForge 4.0.

This simply means that the Windows .wav file was created using SoundForge. It doesn't mean that there is an illegal copy of the software within Windows.

You missed the key part, namely the reference to DeepzOne being in there as well. Its that part that tells the right people that its a cracked version of SoundForge. No ones laughing/complaining/whatever that its SoundForge, but rather, that someone saved the file with a cracked version of the program.

And it was likely a contracted party, external to Microsoft. It is not core business for Microsoft to produce .wav files, rather make the software. Due to resource limitations, external vendors are used all the time.

Having pirated software within Microsoft means automatic firing of said individual, and there are automated audits running all the time to ensure compliance.

Petter

Gday.

And it was likely a contracted party, external to Microsoft. It is not core business for Microsoft to produce .wav files, rather make the software. Due to resource limitations, external vendors are used all the time.

you mean steal software;)
(i can`t think of anything major, solely developed by M$.)
about the wav`s, the small sounds bundeled with
windows os/media player/outlook, is clips
taken out from various thems, copyrighted M$
The copyright, doesn`t mean they are made in M$,
But frankly it sounds quite unlogical/dumb
to use copyright on others work,
and that`s even worse than use warez.
:bawling:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.