Cheap stereos and their complexity - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th November 2004, 01:32 AM   #1
Rimband is offline Rimband  United States
diyAudio Member

Angry Cheap stereos and their complexity

What in the h*** is with these cheap stereos and their complexity? My niece gives me this cheap piece of crap K*** stereo (probably about 2 watts per channel) someone gave her to look at the CD changer. It's one of those crap-boxes with a 3-CD carousel changer, I see the belts are that rotate the carousel and open the drawer are shot, I figure, no problem, change the belts and all is OK.

WRONG!

After taking out half a million screws and fighting with it, I finally get it apart enough to remove the bad belts!

Is it me, or is it in reverse proportion, the crappier the stereo the harder it is to take apart to change a simple belt?

I'm so aggravated with it, I would like to it in a million pieces, or better yet, sick my double-barreled 20 gauge on it!

As far as the speakers go, I would love to connect them to my Carver amp I rebuilt last year (still running great), and show them what real power is!

If when I change the belts, this thing still has problems, (I hope I have access to a digital camera), you'll see what I really think!

My old Magnavox player (yes, CDM2), I can take apart in less that 5 MINUTES! Plus it has TORX SCREWS!! And there's a LOT LESS OF THEM!!!

Thanks for letting me vent, group, I'm sure some of you have had the frustration of being roped in to repairing a relative or friends piece of crap. I've said this many times, YOU CANNOT POLISH A TURD! Take care and be good, vent mode off!

Joe

Hide this!Advertise here!