New high end audio translation tool at Bablefish - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th November 2004, 04:05 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default New high end audio translation tool at Bablefish

from Art Dudley's column in December Stereophile:
"...I can't tell you, hand on heart, that the standard Bullet Plug made a night and day...dfference in the sound of my system".

Translated courtesy of www.audiobablefish.altavista.digital.com

"...this expensive plug made no difference in my system, but put a dent in my wallet..."

with apologies to the real Bablefish at:
http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/
Old 16th November 2004, 06:39 AM   #2
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

OK, you hooked me. I use Babelfish when trying to discuss tech stuff with French folk and I thought maybe.....
Old 18th November 2004, 01:02 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

another example:

"The balanced output impedance was twice that specified, at 410 ohms over most of the audioband. This is low, though it did rise to a high 4.7k ohms at 20Hz, due to the size of the output coupling capacitors." this is an actual quote, from an actual high-end audiophile magazine

translated by: www.audiobablefish.altavista.digital.com

"...despite our ecstatic review, this is a poorly designed product which won't mate with any power amplifier."
Old 19th November 2004, 07:35 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Anything like:

The circuit ceased to function due to a circuit path interruption caused by a failure in the current limiting device.

Yes, yours are better.
Old 2nd December 2004, 04:31 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

This product, on sale, retails for $599 (I kid you not!):

"Ground Zero is an affordable, portable, totally passive, star-grounding system! It equalizes the ground impedance path of every component in your audio or video system regardless of the condition of your house wiring"

translated courtesy of www.audiobablefish.altavista.digital.com

"Schmuck, you could have bought a 1 metre long piece of copper braid, bolted all your equipment together with it and saved $598. I have a good mind to have your medical degree revoked...I don't want to hear you complain about malpractice insurance if you have money to burn, sincerely, your mother..."
Attached Images
File Type: gif zero.gif (29.8 KB, 365 views)
Old 2nd December 2004, 04:57 PM   #6
tiroth is offline tiroth  United States
diyAudio Member

What I really enjoy about the Ground Zero is that it's solution to eliminate ground loops is to create more and better ground loops.

For $599!

Talk about a silk purse from a sow's ear.
Old 3rd December 2004, 03:05 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I prefer to just cut the ground lugs from all electrical devices upon purchase

RCA s make a fine ground
Old 3rd December 2004, 04:50 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Does anyone here remember the Tice Clock?

An ordinary alarm clock that was specially irradiated to align all the electrons. You plugged it into the wall outlet and over the next ten minutes or so it got all the electrons in your wall current aligned for an obvious improvement in your sound.

It wasn't the alarm clock, but the irradiation process. You could send them an appliance of your choice and they would irradiate it and send it back so you could have the same benefit if you didn't want an alarm clock on your hifi rig.

Good review in either Stereophile or The Absolute SOund, I forget which. That was 15-20 years ago I think.

I wish I had the ad copy to share, it would have fit the discussion.
Old 3rd December 2004, 01:48 PM   #9
markp is offline markp  United States
diyAudio Member

Then there is the problem of your system not working due to 'air gap'. 'air gap' is when there is about a foot of space between the end of the speaker wire and the speaker or the power cord and the wall socket!
Old 3rd December 2004, 06:11 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo
Does anyone here remember the Tice Clock?

An ordinary alarm clock that was specially irradiated to align all the electrons. You plugged it into the wall outlet and over the next ten minutes or so it got all the electrons in your wall current aligned for an obvious improvement in your sound.

It wasn't the alarm clock, but the irradiation process. You could send them an appliance of your choice and they would irradiate it and send it back so you could have the same benefit if you didn't want an alarm clock on your hifi rig.
[...]
I wish I had the ad copy to share, it would have fit the discussion.
I remember hearing about that thing. 250 bucks was the tab for a "Tice-enhanced" Radio Shack alarm clock, snake oil optional. For that amount of dosh, I could get enough Courvoisier to make my system sound great for _months_.

After that bit of flummery, Tice pushed TPT cables (Tice Process Treated), allegedly placed in a huge magnetic field, which apparently "aligned the particles, probably at the sub-atomic level" according to their ad copy. Holy smokes. After that one all we needed was Tony Stark putting on the Iron Man suit to fight Doctor Doom.

Francois.

Hide this!Advertise here!