Service of electronics.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but i'll try anyway:

I am in need of a (PC-based) program where I can keep track of the electronic products that have went trough my workshop.
If I for instance get an amplifier in for service, enter the serialnumber, and then be able to see the history of this one (if it has any...), and note new notes as well.

This may be a commercial program but I don't find anything when searching.
It would bee nice if the program didn't have a lot of other "nice" functions, as this most certainly make the program more complex in use.

It should howewer ceep track of:
-Type of equipment
-Serial-number
-Name/ telephonenumber etc to the owner
-"what is wrong"
-"what have been done"
-history.......!!!
-possibility to create mail including some of the information.....of choice.
+ plus eventually things that have slipped my mind right now.

Would really appreciate an input of what is good/ not good.....if there are any.
(If the program only is obtainable in english this wouldn't be a problem.)

Lyra

Just Google "electronic service software" and I suspect just "service software" will get you there too. Possibly "Service Center software" That got me some other responses.

This is a common enough business software need, and I expect many companies producing business software will have it. On the Google returns I noted offerings from Tucows and Coastal COmputer Corporation as probably examples of what you want.

Most of these programs will track jobs and sort by equipment model and make, serial number, trouble codes, date, etc. Most will also print out work orders and invoices/receipts. You can often sort for a given part even.

You can watch vendors if you enter where you buy your parts. Even Quick Books will do a lot of what you want, and most of these have demo programs you can download. I used to use QUick Books and at the end of the year we looked at who were our best customers on the pie charts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.