Nobody uses the wiki!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Unfortunately the wiki is still not yet simple enough, in its interface, to encourage spontaneity. There was some encouraging stuff going on a few months ago, but interest waned. I don't understand how a wiki can be successful among some interest groups on the web and not others - particularly when, in this community, you already have a group of technically courageous and naturally inquisitive types. Maybe someone out there has an idea for setting up a more accessible "storefront" for the wiki. Honestly, I'd do it myself if had the computer skills.

having to petition god to get images into a wiki page is a major inhibitor for me, it seems that you should be able to at least link to images from posts already on DIY - thumbnails don't do it for me though - are there the same bandwidth issues with wiki - the usage pattern may differ enough to allow full images

also, while I haven’t seen how it works in practice, it seems your only editorial control over your contribution is persistent reversion/restoration in the face of even one unprincipled “opponent “ when explaining controversial topics

can regions be "locked" so that commentators have to address the the whole in context, rather than destroying the meaning with "helpful" (or malicious) edits?

meaning with "helpful" (or malicious) edits?
That's what works with wikis, people can DELETE these malicious edits, but the problem is if someone searching for information reads it before someone finds there's an error . . .(You know if it's about mains wiring . . .)

EDIT: They should put a warning in the wiki, telling that the information might not be true, and some moderators for each domains.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.